Wow, welcome to parenting. Parenting can and should be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling accomplishments of a person's life. But a "parent" has to know when to say, HELP.
We have heard it said that it takes a village to raise a child, but what happens when our lives are so busy, or the village is spread cities or states apart? What happens when Jennifer, Juan, Tonya and/or William seem to need something different, and you are not quite sure what that something is? Many times the solution is outside of us.
This is what my mom recognized during my eighth grade year. I had lost the only father I knew, due to divorce. My two older sisters and brother went to stay with other relatives, and we had to go back on government assistance. We began moving from state-to-state. And, the schools in the south were vastly different in their functioning and curriculum pace than my school up north. Although I maintained A's in every subject, I was made to repeat the sixth grade because I had only attended the second semester. The tears flowed! During my eighth grade year my mom reached out to the only village available, a professional counselor. After a few sessions, I was able to put life back into perspective, and graduate high school, with some substantial accomplishments.
Today, the village is much broader, and conveniently accessible. As a Parenting Life Coach, I extend my hand to parents, and provide them with many of the tools that I have used in raising my 8 children (ages 4-32; 6 adults). I provide the child a platform from which they can express their concerns, fears, and build/see paths towards their future aspirations. It is ALWAYS up to the parent(s) how these sessions are conducted.
Take my hand, and let us make progress towards healing, wholeness, solid relationships, or whatever your parenting needs may be.
"Insomuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Service Areas of Expertise
- Self-Love Development
- Raising Males (6) and Females (2)
- Helping clients understand their child(ren) (1 day old and up)
- Helping clients understand why he/she "choose" them
- Helping clients understand how they can be a great parent
- Helping clients understand how they can repair the damage
- Helping clients understand how they can close the distance
- Helping clients understand when to Push vs. Pull
- Helping clients and their children navigate College and Career Planning
- Helping clients and their children navigate Financial Aid
- Helping clients advocate for their child(ren) in Special Education - I am Certified in Special Education, and I have successfully worked with students diagnosed Emotionally Disturbed, Autistic, Intellectually Disabled, Learning Disabled, Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and more.
I offer HIPAA compliant online video coaching!
Click here to schedule your initial 2-3 hour HIPAA Compliant Comprehensive Assessment Session.
- Initial Assessment Session Rate is $3,800, which includes all necessary testing.
- Initial Assessment Session Rate in One-Hour Sessions is $740 per hour. Testing not included.
- Follow Up Session Rates are 1/2 hour $380, and 1 hour $740.